Saturday, September 24, 2011

'Crackers & Jam' 2011











Right now, I'm feeling like some more intimate settings just like this, are needed to really bring you into my world of music - hmm and me out of my shell for that matter. This year was nothing like last years 'Crackers and Jam', far more relaxed. Could still get more comfortable though. I realized long ago that singing some of the favourites that we grew up on and our parents grew up on is a great way to get everyone familiar and involved - shaking my head to flashback of everyone singing John Legends Ordinary People.

I could definitely see a setup like this; living room or garden, hot chocolate and brownies, soup and fruits, chips and dip, pizza and beer, maybe wine, cheese, crackers and 'jam'. You could bring a few friends, play an instrument, read some poetry and enjoy. I'd just make sure record it nice and clean for those that cant make it. I'm actually working on covering some songs with 'Emz' the cellist/hostess with the most-est right now.

I'm talking some John legend and Music Soulchild, Nat King Cole and Bill Withers, Stevie and Michael, some Bob and D Brown, Donny Hathaway and Luther, etc etc ...So yeah send me your requests, tell me you'd come... and if I put that together as a DVD would you want one?

No comments:

Post a Comment