Friday, September 16, 2011

Micha Ciselle on: Getting ready to record

So! For all the artists out there... I want to know everyone's recording stylo.

For me ... I prefer the room to be dark, absolutely NO ONE in the booth with me, shoes off, one headphone on the other off, a little reverb, but absolutely no echo and an engineer as anal as I am :-D And, I always do my little dancing/jumping routine b4 to get in the zone. 

Hehehe. Hit me up and share your secrets! :) As always ...



No lights or low lights is my preference too cos I like to clown around to loosen up. Also because I like to get lost in the song without feeling too self conscious. I want to  feel like I'm giving an amped performance to a crowd of at least 70,000 so I have a tendency to jump around on the spot for a few minutes too to get my heart pumping. I visualize a huge stage and roaring people out there, big walls of speakers, bright lights, smoke machines the works. Then I quiet it all right down to near silence. Just the sound in my head as I hum keeping my voice warm (as I should have been throughout, since at least like 20 min before). Now I imagine I'm completely alone. One headphone on to hear the music and it has to be loud with my vocals underneath, one off to hear myself. Please no effects I want my voice sounding as dry as possible. I'm ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment