Sunday, August 28, 2011

Crackers and Jam revisited

Last weekend I found myself around a piano with a few of my favourite people and some hot chocolate. I'm thinking its been a year since our last 'Crackers and Jam'...

Last year went something like this:


Somewhere between the valley of Kingston and the peaks of The Blue Mountains sits Craig Hill. In a living room where a cloud rolling through your window is normal and cell phone reception isn’t, my friend 'Emz' hosts a final jam session before heading off the island.  







...Cellos, violins, the company of music professors… I was feeling a bit out of my depth. With so much talent in one room it was much more a mini concert than a jam, but after so much more wine than crackers I worked something out with Djenee at the piano, Kamardo on Bass, and Songo on drums. My time now... At one point I made the mistake of saying "play anything lemme sing". When they put together Isley Brothers - Between the sheets I got help fumbling over some lyrics for a while before remixing it into Big Poppa and everyone joined in. Classic!

Was a great night. Biggup to Emz, friends and fam, lets do that again soon.

...And that we did. Images soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment